Article 9 – DIRECTING COMMITTEE (WUKO-DC)
- The WUKO-DC represents the resolving body of the WUKO. The Directing Committee comprises the President and 6 (six) Vice-Presidents duly elected by the Congress.
- The WUKO-DC shall perform the following duties and functions:
a) To draw up and approve the budget and final Balance Sheet.
b) Prepare the technical, ethical and financial Management Report.
c) Establish the date, location and Agenda of the Ordinary Congress and the Extraordinary Congress, if any.
d) Prepare the publication of the Technical, Organisational and Refereeing Regulations for the competitions and other regulations, if applicable, to be submitted later for ratification by the Congress.
e) To confer and revoke appointments within its jurisdiction.
f) To set up commissions and appoint commissioners.
g) To ratify all decisions taken urgently by the President, falling within its jurisdiction.
h) To issue all provisions designed to ensure the best performance of the WUKO, resolving on the merits, within the limits of the Statute and the resolutions made by the Congress.
i) To resolve on every other topic submitted by the President and to decide matters not contemplated in any regulation.
- The candidates that received the greatest number of the votes after the last elected Vice-President at the last Elective Congress shall succeed to the office if a Vice-President resigns, or if the office remains vacant. An Extraordinary Congress shall be called if there are no suitable candidates, the Congress shall be held to elect the missing members during the next Senior World Championships. Newly elected members shall remain in office up to expiry of the four-year period, regardless of the date they were elected. The entire Committee shall be deemed to have fallen from office if more than one half of its Members resigns and the same procedure laid down in Article 8, paragraph 4, ‘President's resignation’, shall be followed.
- The WUKO-DC shall meet in Ordinary session at least once a year and in Extraordinary session whenever a motivated request is made by the majority of its Members. All decisions shall be taken by majority vote. The Committee may resolve validly with the presence of at least one half plus one of its Members, including the President, who shall have the casting vote in the case of parity. At least one Member of the Board of Auditors may attend the Congress as an auditor. Failing the above, the Minutes of Congress shall be countersigned by the Members of the WUKO-DC.
- The WUKO-DC shall appoint a Treasurer from among its Members, or also a non-member, duly appointed to manage the financial aspects and a Secretary General with responsibility for management matters. The Treasurer and Secretary shall remain in office for the same period as the body that has appointed them, except in cases of resignation, substitution or fall from office of the body that appointed them.
- The WUKO-DC shall remain in office for 4 years.