Article 19 – ELIGIBILITY AND CANDIDATURE
- Persons who satisfy the following requirements shall be eligible to central and peripheral offices:
a) Over 18 years old.
b) Minimum of 24 months as Federation members.
c) Have not been sentenced for fraud or gross negligence.
d) Have not been subjected to disciplinary measures which entail or have entailed overall banning or prohibition for more than one year, barring motivated exceptions resolved by the WUKO-DC.
e) Have not suffered suspension penalties from sporting activities following the use of substances or methods which altered the normal physical performance in the sports activity.
- Each candidature shall be proposed by the following number of Federations/Associations with voting rights, for each office and in the specific voting session:
a) By at least 10 associations for the office of President of the WKC
b) By at least 3 associations for the office of Vice-President
c) By at least 3 Federations/Associations, for the office of President of the Continental Committee, however the former shall come from the same Continent as the Committee being elected.
- New candidatures shall be submitted to the WUKO General Secretariat by registered letter with recorded delivery or by fax, at least 90 days before the foreseen date of the Elective Congress, accompanied by the original declarations of the Federations/Associations proposing the candidate, duly signed by the President of the Association or by the person delegated thereby. The requirements shall be verified by the WUKO General Secretariat.
- Outgoing Managers may re-propose the same candidature to the office covered without the formalities outlined in paragraphs 2 and 3 of this Article.
- Each candidate shall be allowed only to run for a single office in the World and Continental Congresses.
- The WUKO-DC reserves the right to ratify the election of any candidate to a peripheral office, subordinating the election to the ethical and/or criminal requirements of the candidate in question.