W.U.K.O. STATUTESDownload Statutes [pdf]
CHAPTER I – THE BODY
Article 1 – FOUNDATION AND AIMS
- The amateur association named “World United Karate Organization” (hereinafter referred to as “W.U.K.O.”), pursuant to Article18 of the Italian Constitution is founded by the Founder Members and by the Sports Federations / Associations / Affiliate Organisations / Institutions (hereinafter referred to as “Associations”) which dedicate their activity to Karate, in compliance with the regulations of this Statute and the consequent regulations.
- W.U.K.O.’s secretariat office domicile address is in via Marconi 4, 28822 Cannobio (VB) Italy; registered office in via Stelvio 70, 2059 Milan, Italy.The Directing Committee may resolve to move the Headquarters to other nations by submitting the resolution to be ratified by the General Meeting.
- The purposes for which W.U.K.O. is founded are to promote and regulate karate and, in case, other martial arts (hereinafter referred to as M.A.) at an educational, ethical and sports level, to ensure and to contribute to the education and to consolidate the psycho-physical integrity of the associates: consequently, W.U.K.O. shall engage in all the appropriate activities and initiatives to achieve the foregoing purposes. In particular, W.U.K.O. proposes to:
a) Promote, disseminate and organise the karate and the M.A. discipline, rendering available access thereto and practice thereof to all social groups with educational, cultural, recreational and sports objectives.
b) To support, coordinate and facilitate the formation and development of federations and associations, by favouring and safeguarding the implementation and practice of karate and of M.A. related to the technical and organisational aspects and understood to entail improving the quality of life through self-control, physical, ethical and intellectual well-being.
c) To stimulate the commitment to promote karate activities in terms of the recovery of persons suffering from physical handicaps and for the elderly.
d) To pursue educational criteria, in harmony with the programmes of the Ministry of Education for schools of every order and level with special reference towards the very young.
e) To organise professional no-profit training courses.
f) To promote and organize the discipline of karate and of M.A. in order to obtain the Olympic acknowledgement by IOC
- The W.U.K.O. is a no-profit, non-denominational and non-political organisation, founded with a democratic structure and with association offices subject to election and with an honorary status, and the services rendered by all members are provided on a no-cost basis.
- The W.U.K.O. exercises its powers through its bodies and with the rules established by this Statute and by the Regulations.